Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Blessing in Disguise: Catch Me

This is really gonna be a short story. I have like 3 other ones planned out. Please excuse any typos. Enjoy <3


A knock sounded through the Maraj household. The 17 year old daughter, Onika, walked to the door in her pajamas and opened it to let the carpet guy in. He was a tall, dark fellow and he looked young.
"Hi! My name is Onika, but you can call me Nicki if you'd like." She said as she shook his hand.
"Safaree. You can call me Scaff Beezy or SB ."
"I'd rather call you Faree..." she giggled as he gave her a strange look.
"Uh... okay. Where should I start?"
"The living room. Then you can go up to the game room. After that the bedrooms."
"And how many bedrooms are there?"
"4."
Safaree already knew everything she was telling him, but he wanted to keep talking to her. As he made it upstairs, another knock hit the door. Nicki opened it quickly then froze in her tracks.
"Hey baby."
"Do NOT call me that. What do you want?"
"I miss you."
"Okay and?"
"Aren't you gonna let me in?"
"Do I look like I am?" She folded her arms and cocked her head to the side.
"Yes...?"
"Well I'm not. Again I ask what do you want?"
"I was wondering if we could... you know... give us another chance?"
"Derrick you CHEATED ON ME! MORE THAN ONCE! With DIFFERENT GIRLS!" Safaree heard commotion and stepped in the hall to peep it.
"It's YOUR fault I cheated! You never gave me love! You gave up on us! YOU did!"
"Are you fucking KIDDING ME?! I gave you my EVERYTHING Derrick. You were my first time! You had ALL of me! What else did you need?!"
"You're always playing the victim Nicki!"
"After 3 years of lies and revolving around YOU, I think I can take A LITTLE time to think about myself!"
"Wow... Imagine if anyone from school saw us arguing. They'd hate me."
"So this WHOLE time we we'really arguing the ONLY thing you got was your image at school?! You're horrible... Look in the mirror sometimes."
Derrick looked up and saw Safaree. He became visibly furious.
"You fucking another nigga? HUH? That's why you won't talk to me?!" He stepped in the doorway and got in her face.
"I won't talk to you because you're an ASSHOLE. I'm not having sex with Safaree. He's over here-"
"And you know his name?!"
"You introduce yourself to visitors you don't know dumb ass. You know what... why am I even entertaining this bullshit? Get the fuck out my-"
Before she knew what happened, she was on the tile with her hand on her cheek. Safaree flew down the stairs and punched Derrick in the face.
"NEVER put your hands on a female! What the fuck is wrong with you?! Dumb ass nigga!"
As SB finished his sentence, he kicked Derrick in the stomach and out of the house.
"You okay Nic?"
"He really just hit me. Him... of all people... HIM! Wow..."
"He has some problems. But seriously are you okay?"
"Oh... yeah. Thanks." She grabbed the hand he had out for her and pulled herself up. "I apologize for you having to see that..."
"Hey. It's no problem. No man should put his hands on a girl. Especially not one as beautiful as you." He winked at her and smiled one of the most beautiful smiles she had ever on a man.
"Thank you Faree..." she blushed but tried to hide it which ultimately failed.
"Well... Imma go finish."
"Wait... how old are you?"
"I'm almost 18. Why?"
"Because you look young. You graduate this year?"
"Yeah. You?"
"Next year."
"Aww you're a little kid"
"Nigga bye. Go finish ya job and shit"
"Oooh! That's how you feeling?"
"Yep!" She playfully rolled her eyes and walked up the stairs. He watched the way her butt moved as she walked and licked his lips.
"Stop staring at my ass perv!" She laughed as she walked into her room.
Safaree was almost done with the house. All he needed to do was Nicki's room. He was about to knock on her door when he heard music and her voice rapping on it.

"You succeeded at your attempts to make me
Need you desperately to vindicate me
It's funny how you could always make me feel small
I have given my all
Catch me
Catch me
I think I'm gon fall..."

She stopped rapping and cried.
"You hurt me. You were my first love and you went and did this shit. Why? Why would you do this to me?"
She cried harder and harder as the seconds passed. Although Safaree barely knew her, hearing her cry broke his heart. He assumed it was because he hated when his mom or sisters cried.
"Nic?" He knocked on the door softly. He heard her sniffle and move around then open the door.
"Hey! You finished?"
"Almost. I gotta do your room and I'll be done."
"Oh well I'll go to the game room and chill until you're done."
"You don't have to go. I'd rather you stay honestly..." he looked away from her shyly as he spoke the last part.
She smiled a huge smile which mesmerized him until he noticed she was speaking.
"Okay. I'll stay since you want me to." Onika went and plopped on her bed.
He brought the carpet cleaner in and started by the area farthest from the door.
"I heard your song and the stuff you said after it... I wish I could've prevented all of it from happening..."
"It wasn't your fault. You couldn't help it. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?"
"No not really." They laughed lightly.
"Faree come sit. Let's talk."
"About what exactly?" He side-eyed her and kept cleaning the carpet.
"About anything. You're interesting and you make me smile."
He unplugged his machine and sat next to her. "I'm glad I finished. You're persistent."
"I know. So when's your birthday?"
"July 4th."
"That's cool! You get to see fireworks and stuff on your birthday!"
"It would be cooler if I was born here. When's yours?"
"December 8th. What do you mean 'if I was born here.'?"
"I was born in Jamaica"
(A/N: Safaree was born in Jamaica or just his parents? If not let's just say he was cuz I can't think)
"REALLY?! WEST INDIES!!"
"What? Where were you born?"
"Trinidaaaad!"
"That makes a lot of sense."
"What?"
"That you're so beautiful."
"Oh... stop that..."
"Stop what?" He looked at her in pure confusion.
"Stop making me bluuuush..."
"Ooohhh!" He laughed loudly which made her laugh too.
"It feels like I've known you longer than a few hours..."
"Yeah... it does." He looked around her room to see 18 pictures of her at the top of the wall "You take a professional picture every year?" "Yeah. On my birthday. I can't wait for this year's picture." Under the pictures, there were a lot of trophies and awards. In the middle of the cheerleading trophies, was a picture of Nicki in a scorpion pointing at the camera with his school colors on her uniform. Safaree stared at it weirdly before getting up to examine it closer. He glanced back at her with a quizzical look on his face
"You go to Weston?"
"Yeah. I do. Why? What's up?"
"Really? I go to Weston. I'm the running back on the varsity team..."
"Whaaaaat?! I'm the captain on the varsity squad! How did we never run into each other?"
"I don't usually stay for the celebrations."
"I don't either. I was talking about at school and practices"
"I'm not sure... what time will your family be back?"
"They're out of town."
"Why didn't you go with them?"
"Because we have a competition in a few days. I had to stay for my team."
"You're a good captain." Safaree's phone sounded signaling a text from his mom. "Welp I gotta head home. That's my mom. It was nice talking to Nicki."
She walked him to the door and held it for him. "It was nice talking to you as well SB. I see us being really close in the future."
"So you can see the future too? That's So Raven type shit." Nicki laughed her signature laugh and Safaree smiled.
"Byyyeee Safareeeeee!"
"Byyyeee Onikaaaaa! Be good. I have you parents' number." He mocked
"Oh so you can have theirs but not mine? Alright." He quickly gave her his phone and they exchanged numbers.
"I hope to see you around."
"Same here..."
They hugged for a while and he whispered in her ear.
"I'll catch you."
She blushed then smiled up at him and he kissed her forehead
"Thank you. Bye Faree."
"Bye Nic."

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww MAD cute! FUCK that nigga Derrick -_- puttin his nasty ass hands on my baby! SB was like Superman comingin and hitting him back. EYE thought that was cute even though he didn't even know Nic like that. Great chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ek this was mad cute! I loved it, can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looooved it post soon!

    ReplyDelete